Every day, you hear about hacking stories - how an email account or website was hacked but most people never bothered how these hacks were made possible in the first place. Most hacking methods are very simple and easily preventable. If you learn how hacking occurs, you may be able to protect yourself against these online thieves who are up to no good. You can protect your website by applying appropriate security protocols and softwares on your website. When you and your team understand the methods hackers use, you can be on lookout and give your website some layers of security. Below are some of the most popular ways hackers use in gaining access to websites:
1. Password Hacking Most people for sake of convenience reuse one password for different accounts. This is extremely insecure and it leaves you at the mercy of hackers. Once such password is compromised, a hacker can use to hack all your accounts. Reusing the same password you use for your email for your website puts you at a very great risk. Emails are first thing hackers try to hack, once they get access to it, they can make the combination of your email as username and your email password to try and hack into your order accounts including your website. To stay safe, ensure you use different usernames and password for different accounts you maintain online.
2. Keyloggers Keyloggers are malicious softwares hackers use to get your password. This software can be installed on your website and run silently on the background recording every key stroke you make. These softwares are used to capture sensitive information such as your website password, credit card details, your online banking passwords and many more. Once this software is installed on your system, you are at the mercy of the hacker because he is watching every action you are taking. This software can be sent over an internet and installed without your knowledge. Once installed, it will run in background and sent all the key strokes you make to the attacker.
You need to use a decent antivirus that is regularly updated to stay safe from this software. Additionally, avoid clicking on any suspicious link or downloading untrustworthy software.
3. Phishing Scams Email phishing without a doubt, is very popular and known to be one of the oldest and most successful technique hackers have used for ages. Attackers usually send out mass emails that appear to come from your bank, online payment site or subscription service. In most cases, the email will ask you to verify your account by clicking on a special link. You will unknowingly supply the attackers your login information once you click on the link. If you use the same passwords for your other accounts such as your website, the hackers will also be able to hack into it. You should be careful with suspicious emails. Don't click on any link you don't trust.
4. Downloading Free Softwares Downloading free softwares is one way hackers use to gain access into your account. It is never a good idea to patronize free softwares if you are a business owner. Some malicious virus can be hidden inside these softwares. Once you installed these softwares, hackers can get your account information. Don't download any free software unless you are absolutely it is safe.
5. Fault Injection Fault injection is normally carried out by sophisticated hackers. This type of hacking involves online thieves infiltrating your source code and adding various codes to see if they can crash your system. An example of this kind of sophisticated attack is when hacker uses a database query that could erase content or input a Web URL that delivers a worm into your network.
Is Online Hacking Preventable? With so many methods employ by hackers to gain access into your account, it seems you can never be completely safe from attack. But all hope is not lost; you can beat hackers at their own game.
You can prevent your website from being hacked by using the same method hackers use to check for vulnerabilities on your website. Hackers use many methods; we can be able to help you secure your website by running your website against different methods hackers use. We provide a report and recommendation to keep your website safe if we found any vulnerability. Generating a "Vulnerabilies Report" is indeed the best way to protect your business from online thieves.